Finding the best vacation spots for families is an exciting endeavor, and the beautiful countries of Argentina and Chile offer a wealth of possibilities. From stunning landscapes to vibrant cities, these South American destinations are perfect for families seeking adventure, cultural experiences, and quality time together. Here is our list of the best vacation spots for families in Argentina & Chile.
1. The best vacation spots for families in Argentina
The diverse landscape of Argentina offers you a chance to show the kids all the wonders of nature. Patagonia and its assorted topography are probably on your agenda, and if not they should be no doubt!
Let’s see 3 of the best vacation spots for families in Argentina:
The capital will be your first stop on this trip. It is the jumping-off point to any other epic destinations in this country. Why not make your visit worthwhile?
- Tour the museums
- Witness the classical architecture
- Have a picnic at one of the countless parks
- Visit La Boca, San Telmo, or Puerto Madero neighborhoods by bike, and get impressed by their architectural styles.
Welcome the whole family to the Land of Big Waters. One of the best vacation spots for families planning vacations in Argentina. Why? Family-friendly accommodations, and endless activities for every member of the family to have a blast.
- Take a boat ride to get close and personal with the tumbling waters.
- Stroll down the walkways to get soaked in the cold gushing waterfall.
- Spy on the monkeys, toucans, and other exotic animals in their natural habitat.
- Have a close encounter with native wildlife in a safe and controlled environment – Your small explorers will leave you in awe!
Do you want your kids to unplug? Then take them to the outdoor hub of Argentina. Salta is a captivating destination that combines natural beauty, rich history, and cultural heritage.
- Horseback riding in the vineyards in Cafayate
- Slide on the rapids of Salta’s rivers
- Visit the Museo de Arqueología de Alta Montaña to learn about the ancient Inca civilization.
- Take a scenic ride on the Tren a las Nubes (Train to the Clouds), which offers breathtaking views of the Andean landscapes.
2. Best vacation spots for families in Chile
The friendly locals and family perks make Chile one of the best spots for vacations in South America. Plus, it shares the Patagonian wonders of the world with Argentina.
Let’s see 3 best spots for vacations in Chile:
This UNESCO port is thriving with artists from all around the world. With its unique hillsides adorned with brightly painted houses and street art, Valparaíso offers a visually captivating experience for the whole family.
- Head to the picturesque port area to experience the city’s maritime heritage. Take a boat tour around the bay, where you can spot playful sea lions and seabirds.
- Start your exploration by taking a funicular ride up the cerros (hills) to get panoramic views of the city and the Pacific Ocean.
- Treat your family to a delicious seafood meal at one of the many waterfront restaurants, where you can savor local specialties like ceviche or fresh fish.
The capital city of Chile is the best of both worlds with its rich history and stunning topography. A vibrant and cosmopolitan city, Santiago has something for everyone in the family.
What can you do here?
- Hike or ski the snow-capped slopes of the Andes
- Visit the interactive Museo Interactivo Mirador, where children can engage in hands-on science exhibits
- Step back in time on the cobblestone streets sprouting with old architecture
- For a panoramic view of the city, take a cable car up to the top of San Cristobal Hill.
Norte Chico’s blend of coastal beauty, cultural heritage, and unique landscapes make it one of the best vacation spots for families in Chile. From beachside relaxation to educational experiences and outdoor adventures, this region in Chile offers something for everyone in the family to enjoy and create lasting memories.
- Get surfing lessons.
- Visit the Moon Valley (Valle de la Luna) to marvel at its unique lunar-like landscapes, or explore the Tatio Geysers, where you can witness powerful geothermal activity and soak in natural hot springs.
- Relax at La Serena, a charming coastal city known for its golden beaches and clear waters. Spend a day building sandcastles, swimming, and enjoying water sports with your family.
Do any of our suggestions sound exciting? Discover these best vacation spots for families with our Family trips. Talk to our Argentina & Chile Travel Experts and let your next South American begin!